Monday, March 31, 2008

rAiNy MoNdAy

So if Monday's weren't bad enough... there had to be rain! Typical Spring weather! ..so for those who were at the Mr. UW Manitowoc competition you enjoyed a night of 5 of our very own UW Men competing to be number one. It was not only fun, but also very comical! This weeks night life is Bowling at Meadow Lanes North.. starting at 9pm.. there will be free bowling and soda! Hope to see you there!!! Also coming up is the Freshman/Faculty retreat. There are still many of you that have not signed up! If you wish to be apart of this fun event, make sure to give your RSVP to the Student Services office asap! Also, Convocation is approaching.. if you would like to be a class speaker let Student Senate know! Well that's all I really have for now.. I'll blog again later.. take care and have a good Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it so important to get involved on campus...I mean I know I have to do good in classes... but getting involved is something else entirely and I guess I am not for certain as to why it is so important...

-amanda- said...

I guess it's your preference to be involved or not. I just list the upcoming activities so people know what's up. I asked a prof. their view on it too.. and they said, "Well let's say that you are about to get hired for a job and you do JUST what is asked of you.. but nothing more.. and then there is another person that is up for the job as well and they do what is expected but also participate in other things as well as getting involved.. who is more likely to get the job?".. i agree.. plus it's fun and free.. and part of the college expierence.. i hope that answers your question!