Monday, March 3, 2008

MaNiC MoNdAy =-) the LONGEST blog ever.. sorry!

well it's 10:15pm and I am finally blogging in to answer a question that was posed before. It was WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE PROF./ CLASS? That question for me is very hard because I honestly respect and admire every Professor I have had here. Here is a run down on the ones I have had! The first one that comes to mind is Maureen Crowley, I have had her every semester! She teaches the psychology classes and I have enjoyed them all! From intro to abnormal, and now I am statistical, they are all challenging as well as engaging. Also, she is easy to talk to which is great when you have questions. Then there is Becky Abler and she teaches the science courses and is honestly one of the most patient people I have ever met! And she always makes sure you understand things, which I love. Caroline Geary goes hand and hand with Professor Abler, she is so much fun and I have never laughed so much in a science course! Jared Dalberg teaches the physical education classes and knows how to make you feel like your doing something good for yourself during the class.. but then two days later you feel like you have been hit by a train! :) just kidding!!! I really like how when we have to do an activity he does it with us, it's not like he is just telling us what to do! Lets see, Paul Emmett is next, (he teaches English) and like I have mentioned before he is crazy.. in the absolute best way! There has not been a class where I have not smiled pretty much the entire time! Steve Good is a math teacher and loves the Vikings (which I happen to also) so that just makes him cool.. plus he goes over things really well and for once does not make you feel intimidated about math! Another Math Professor would be Marty Schuh and she is currently retired but still happens to teach a math course on campus. She is truly one of the nicest people and truly cares about how you are doing in her class, plus she loves jolly ranchers, and loves sharing them even more! David Gratz teaches English courses as well as organizes the INT 290 course. I had him for the class Kings, Beasts, and Heroes and it was probably one of my favorite classes last semester. He explains things very well and is one that you can count on to always say hi to you in the hall! Robert Larson teaches math and computer science and if some one would get the patience award it would be him. You have no idea how many questions people can ask when it comes to computers! Catherine Leone teaches the anthropology as well as sociology classes. She is shorter than me I think (I am 5'2) and she is pure personality! She always has things to relate to her lectures to make them interesting, plus she has more shoes than any other teacher on campus I swear! Susie and Jim Miller are in the music department and by the time you are done with them, you will no longer be tone deaf (well most of us anyway!)! Kerry Trask teaches the History classes and I think you pretty much have a feel for him by now. It really is sad that he is retiring this year. I learned a lot about History, and maybe even more about life from him. Speaking about learning about life, Al White, (teaches philosophy), does a great job at that as well. He challenges you to think outside the box, which for some of us is not always easy to do! John Wright teaches theatre and communication. I currently have him for acting, and I also had him for public speaking last year. He makes it very easy to speak in front of people. I feel like he does not judge you on how you do (like acting) but rather how much you have improved or the effort you put forth. It makes you much more at ease when you are presenting something. Last, but certainly not least, is Susanne Skubal. I have not had her as a teacher, but she is our student senate advisor, and a friend. If you have any questions or concerns she is always willing to help. We all appreciate that! So there you have it..! the longest blog probably ever, but I wanted you to get a feel for all the professors that I had, it's only fair! and now hopefully you can see why I can not pick one when they are all so different but possess many of the same quality. UW-Manitowoc has an exceptional staff and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this! Well I have LOTS of homework to get to and a busy day tomorrow, but I will blog in soon.. and keep the questions coming!
PS.. night life this week is Chili in the Snow.. we are having homemade chili as well as building things outside.. out of (what else!) SNOW!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, pretty much, every single staff member at the center. yeah.

-amanda- said...

hardly!!

Anonymous said...

softly!!

-amanda- said...

lol